- Our immigration department helps 2,000 people each year with legal pathways to work authorization, permanent residency and citizenship.
- On July 31, 2007 the U.S. citizenship application fee rose from $400 to $675, a 300% increase from the 2002 fee rate of $225. For many eligible, low-income legal permanent residents of Sonoma County, this high cost makes it nearly impossible to realize their dream of becoming U.S. citizens.
- Catholic Charities has helped 1,200 youths apply for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals).
- It often takes up to 20 years to gain U.S. citizenship.
- Catholic Charities operates with federal recognition by the Board of Immigration Appeals (an arm of the U.S. Department of Justice) and has done so for more than 20 years.