Immigration Services

Catholic Charities Immigration Services has five BIA-accredited staff to assist those seeking legal status with information and paperwork. If you would like bilingual assistance, click here or call 707.578.6000.

  • Family Reunification

    The Family Reunification Program works to offer aid to those who are seeking legal residency in the United States, including employment authorization.

    Our Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) accredited representatives assist immigrant families with USCIS petitions, visa applications, renewal, replacement, and translation of documents, and referrals for legal and social services.
  • Citizenship Classes

    Catholic Charities offers free citizenship classes in both Sonoma and Napa counties, bringing together people from all over the world who want to study to become naturalized US citizens. All classes are in the evening and are conducted in English. Volunteers who speak Spanish are on hand to assist students.

    Each applicant is interviewed to determine eligibility for naturalization, and we assist with citizenship applications, test preparation, and individual tutoring.  Classes are free, although there are government fees for application.
  • Youth Immigration (DACA)

    Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is a government program to defer deportation for individuals born after June 15, 1981, who came to the US before age 16, and who meet several other guidelines. It allows them to obtain a driver's license and work permit.
  • U Visa Nonimmigrant Status

    We work to obtain an immigration status for victims of domestic violence and other brutal crimes, and have cooperated in the investigation and prosecution of the crime, in addition to other requirements. People we help may obtain work authorizations, social security cards, driver’s licenses, and eventually permanent residency.